As a developer here you’re responsible for Making Stuff Go. The job is tough to describe because it’s so broad, but historically it has included new product development from conception to implementation, high-volume and high-concurrency programming. Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- A strong understanding of the Web including HTTP, clean URIs, HTML, and CSS.
- Proficiency with scripting languages, particularly PHP. Low-level language experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience running and developing on Open Source platforms like Linux.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
- Knowledge of typography and design basics, the ability to create simple and usable interfaces.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
- Knowledge of how, and when, to optimize PHP and SQL.
We are always looking for talented people to join out team. You can reach us here. firstname.lastname@example.org